Maghar1, fiveloaf, jingle, chimnese, a b thomas, Maiyata, becca, Scott Mitchell , Christine (Journey into poetry), Parry, D.E. Cummings and Thomas Davis have nominated me for /given me (not sure lol) the Versatile Blogger Award! So thank you very much! I have tried to find out what it is and who started it, but all I know so far is this:
The rules for this award:
The Rules to accept the award are as follows:
- Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post.
- Tell 7 random facts about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 15 new found bloggers.
- Contact each blogger you want to pass the award onto and let them know you’ve done so, and let the giver of your award know you accept it.
Seven (7) Random Facts about me:
1. Hobby & Old stuff: I am fond of ships, old things and history, my hobby is Genealogy
2. Language: Have studied some Russian in my past, but I like the English language very much
3. Health: A bit of a mess at times with eyes going bad and mobility trouble but nothing really dangerously serious. I have gout (podagra) in my left foot now (I thought only grumpy old men got gout?) so I do a lot of resting at the moment
4. Pets: I love cats but presently have none due to husband who doesn’t want them anymore. Dogs: Cocker Spaniels are cute.
5. Family: I miss our youngest son who is an exchange student and staying in California for a Highschool year till end of June. Proud of all my 3 sons!
6. Travel: I live on Terschelling Island and am not really fond of big cities, though I have seen some beauties like Leningrad, Marrakech and Athens 🙂
7. Work: I write novels in Dutch for a living and have been doing so since July 1997
My nominations/ awards:
James Christopher Shepard
the old hack
I woud like to thank these people for nominating me for/ giving to me this award:
Journey into poetry>
Thomas Davis and Ethel
Comments on: "Versatile Blogger Award" (14)
Thank you, Ina!
As I have written elsewhere, I love this award because we get to learn a bit more about the blogger. You have such wonderful and interesting hobbies/interests, but I’m sorry to know about the gout.
Sounds like your son is in our area – Northern California?
I had to look up Terschelling Island. Know nothing about it.
Blog on, Ina. We do enjoy your work …
Hi Jamie, thanks. He is near LA and Santa Monica, Malibu.
Hi again, Ina!
I just sent you an email. Please check for it.
I got it! 🙂
Thank you for the nomination I appreciate that.
However I am going to think about it for a little bit before saying yes or no.
I can imagine 🙂 as you are an established English poet, I am just an amateur in this field 🙂
Not so much that Ina,
More I want to be sure I can commit fully to the Jingle community before I take it further.
I am not sure I have either the energy or the time to do that.
That is really grand of you.
You take it seriously, that is so nice 🙂 Just in case: You are not letting anyone down by not accepting! I just had to try as you are one of the best blogging poets I know . And of course I am curious to know 7 things about you!
Ina, you are featured here:
Thanks for a fab interview. I know folks enjoyed it.
Happy day –
It was real fun Jamie 🙂 thanks!
thanks for the acceptance…
I came here to look for the perfect poet award acceptance,
in case you have inserted the award image, nominated a poet, please comment in my award post to let me know.
Hi Jingle, thank you very much for the award! 🙂 I have put it on this post:
https://inaweblogisback.wordpress.com/2011/03/31/just-before-the-fall/ and I have visited your blog now too to say so.
Somehow I have to put links at the bottom, or the whole post becomes a link (I will figure it out)
In your case this award is very well earned. You are a stand out gifted blogger in my opinion
Hi countingducks, thank you very much 🙂 That is very kind of you to say!